There is no long term contract to sign. Our relationship with you is day by day. If at any time you feel we aren't providing you value that exceeds our price then we shake hands and part ways as friends.
Calculating Your Personal Retirement Number- How much money do you need to retire? We can estimate this number for you at no charge and zero obligation on your part.
Pre-Retirement Planning (This is planning that takes place before your target retirement date)- What is YOUR plan to help make sure you are saving enough to retire comfortably and to stay retired comfortably?
We review your retirement savings accounts (401k, IRA, etc.) to compare the alignment of your investments with your retirement goals.
The price is $480. (This only applies to a pre-retirement written plan. If you only need general advice there is no charge for that. And if you are within 5 years of retirement there is no charge for the pre-retirement written plan.)
What you get for that money:
- We meet with you in person, on the phone or via a webchat.
- We estimate how much money you will likely need to retire
- We estimate how much you need to invest and review investments you might choose in your 401k and or other retirement accounts to meet that goal.
- We will then give you a one page plan that details what you could do to help meet your goals.
- If needed, we will assist you in accessing your 401k account and implementing investment actions.
We recommend the plan we give you to be reviewed again after one year. If you like the plan and process, we can continue to meet once per year to help you make sure you're on track to reach your retirement goals.
*The fee here only cover one meeting and one plan per year. The fee is based on our hourly rate of $240/hour. Each review takes approximately 2 hours. If you have a situation that requires additional time, we may have to adjust the price, but we will let you know that upfront.
Retirement Planning (This planning starts at your retirement date and continues throughout your retirement)- What is YOUR plan to increase your retirement income so that inflation doesn't cut your purchasing power during a 20-30 year retirement? Go look up the price of a stamp 30 years ago and compare it to the cost of a stamp today. If you don't have time to do that, I'll save you some time and let you know the cost of a stamp has doubled. And so can your cost of living during retirement.
Things get serious in this phase and we charge accordingly. You aren't working anymore so there are no do overs here. For new clients we require you to have accumulated a retirement nest egg of at least $750,000 at this point.
Once you retire we charge 0.75% on all assets we manage for you. That price is per year and is billed quarterly in advance and is deducted from your investment account(s) with us.
Example: If we manage $1,000,000 (one million) for you, the cost is $7,500/year which translates to $1,875 per quarter. We bill quarterly in advance on January 1, April 1, July 1, & October 1. ($1,875/quarter x 4 quarters = $7,500/year)
What you get for that money:
- Identify and comprehensively review your retirement goals
- Establish a retirement income plan based on your retirement goals
- Create a diversified portfolio designed to accomplish your retirement goals
- Regular rebalancing of investments to maintain Investment Plan
- Midyear review of your plan via email to help make sure it's on track
- Annual in person review and update of your plan to make sure you’re on track
- Assist in minimizing taxes
- Assist in solving other financial problems you may encounter
- Encouraging you to avoid impulses that could derail your plan
- Access to an advisor anytime you need it at no additional charge
In addition to all that, you also receive our most valuable services which are hopefully increasing your time, money and peace of mind.